NEPCon would like to invite all interested stakeholders to a brief afternoon session this Friday at Axelborg with cocktails and networking in connection with the three-year DANIDA project Responsible Sourcing of Soy, Cattle and Palm Oil. We will share project highlights and lessons learned through a mixture of short speaks and exhibition with pictures.
- 14:00-14:15 Welcome and introductions // by Christian Sloth NEPCon Responsible Source Programme Manager
- 14:15-14:45 NEPCon Project highlights and introduction to the NEPCon Sourcing Hub
- Our innovative approach to analysing risks in the supply chains for palm oil, soy and beef, based on our experience in the timber sector.
- Our national risk assessments for 10 key producer countries of soy, beef and palm oil, covering 82% of global palm oil production, 52% of global soy production and 16% of global beef production. The national risk assessments detail the risks of negative impact to environment and people in a producer country, and give options to companies sourcing from these places to treat the risks.
- Our 28 detailed responsible sourcing tools from the national risk assessments that make the information directly applicable to companies’ supply chains.
- The NEPCon Sourcing Hub, where all the risk assessments and tools can be downloaded for free.
- Our experiences working with four large food companies sourcing palm oil, soy and beef and helped them analyse a selected supply chain scope for risks.
- 14:45-16:00 Open floor for information sharing, questions and networking.
- Participants will be encouraged to share their work in these sectors so we can build synergies and learn from each other’s work.
We look forward to seeing anyone interested in the field responsible sourcing of palm oil, soy and beef. Feel free to share with you network and bring your colleagues!
Over a three year period, the project has developed comprehensive national risk assessments from 10 key producer countries of soy, beef and palm oil, covering 82% of global palm oil production, 52% of global soy production and 16% of global beef production. The national risk assessments details exactly what the risks of negative impact to environment and people are in a specific producer country, and precisely what companies sourcing from these places can do to treat the risks.
Furthermore, NEPCon has developed 28 detailed responsible sourcing tools from the national risk assessments to make the information directly applicable to companies’ supply chains. All the information and tools are free and publicly available on the online platform NEPCon Sourcing Hub.
The event is free of charge.
NB! The event will be partly in Danish and partly in English.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit the web site at: http://nepcon.org/events/future-food-trends-responsible-sourcing-csr-cocktails